Monday, September 5, 2011

Menu planning: week #4

Another week of simple, inexpensive, but still yummy dishes.

Along with September comes my bi-annual deep clean. A Spring cleaning in the Fall, if you will.

It's all about purging and organizing and the finding of lost things.

So, organized meals to counterbalance the disorder of the house. Should work, right??

=============================================================
Recap week 3: Last week had no frills and no mishaps either. I did not make the polenta as The Hubs seemed slightly suspicious of the recipe. He kept giving me the raised eyebrow and would say "I dooon't knooow..." when I would mention making up a batch. Will just have to do it when he's not around.  Did not make hamburgers either, found some chicken breast in the freezer & made pasta with chicken instead.  Our reward was the new "Bacon, Bacon, Bacon" pizza from Papa Murphy's - the take and bake pizza place. Do you have one in your area? I highly recommend this, it's only $9 right now and it soooo worth eating at least once....mmmm...bacon.

Linking up with: Menu Plan Monday
================================================================

Menu Plan Week #4*

Monday: Cheesy Italian Chicken Bake (on recipe page)
new recipe The Hubs idea (must still have had last weeks dinner on his mind)
sides: crusty bread

Tuesday: Potato Soup
new recipe
sides: bacon crumbles, crackers

Wednesday: BBQ Hamburgers
sides: homemade onion rings, salad

Thursday: Pork Steak
sides: mashed potatoes, broccoli

Friday: BBQ Chicken
sides: salad, veggie

Saturday: Stuffed Shells from allrecipes
new recipe
sides: crusty bread

Snacks: polenta (from With a Heart Full of Daisies) , jalapeno poppers (from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes)

Three new recipes to try, any suggestions on which one to share?
=================================================================
When we sit down for dinner, I put on jazz. I turn off the t.v. or radio (usually listening to talk) have the kids sit down at the table, take a deep breath and just relax. Usually the kids are wound up from school or playing or poking each other and this helps them to calm down and breathe. The computer is in a corner of the dining room so I'm able to find some great stuff online. I'll put on some jazz, bossa nova or even some classical crossover and we'll sit, enjoy some relaxing music that's not all "up in the club" and just really enjoy our meal. (those websites have a great selection of jazz and others)

What do you guys do when you sit down for dinner? Do you listen to music, watch t.v. or catch up on the day?

relax,
paulina
*menu order subject to change as I seem to have opened the cream cheese and am now eating celery slathered in said product.

p.s. I crack myself up. Conversation I had:

picky pants: why do we listen to jazz?
me: it's good for your digestion.
picky pants: where did you hear that?
me: me, myself and i. they had a good idea and i agreed.
picky pants: {grooooan} maaahhhhaaamm!!!
me: hahahahaha.....

4 comments:

LaelShine said...

ha ha ha me myself and I are MY personal favourite people of ALL time!

We have polenta all the time. My kids love it with lots of cheese and some green onions sliced thin. Sometimes, we'll have it under stew or chili, Mmmm! Very yummy and different from the usual.

readwatchrelax said...

thank you for the tips! polenta seems very versatile, Picky Pants is sure to like it somehow.

Laura said...

Your menu sounds so good, it totally made me hungry! Thanks for stopping by my blog last week! I just wanted to let you know that 'That Kind of Beautiful" is up and running again :)
I hope you'll join us!

readwatchrelax said...

thanks - I'm usually hungry all day in anticipation of dinner - lol!! And I'll be there!! :)