Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bloggers Do It Better: Colorblocking

Speaking of dress up.

Thanks to CC over at CC's Cheap Chic for showing me that Pretty Shiny Sparkly started a new linky party.

This one is called Bloggers Do It Better and this time around it's all about colorblocking or colorful stripes.

According to the title I choose colorblocking. I don't know if I got it right.

But I took a cue from one of my fave bloggers, Leandra from The Man Repeller and just layered on the layers.

Let's take a look.....

red dress, blue cardi, black vest, white tights and black boots. Hmmmm...

Here's the colors outside. I threw on the scarf for a bit of panache.

tied or untied? is the scarf too much?


o.k.... let's be honest here....I didn't wear this anywhere. This outfit was just an idea I had that (I think) went with colorblocking.

This is out of my comfort zone, I wouldn't normally wear red and blue together or this many layers. Would probably stop at the cardi, but as it's blue I probably wouldn't have worn it, I would be safe and stick with white or black. Looking back at the pictures this ensemble doesn't look too bad, if I was feeling adventurous in another city, I would probably wear it.



Maybe.

relax,
paulina

p.s. lessons in Name Dropping 101 ;)

No comments: