Monday, September 26, 2011

Menu planning: week #5

You might have noticed (or not) that I didn't post a menu plan the last two weeks.

I was feeling very uninspired. It seems like I've leafed through my little supply of cookbooks a million times, nothing screams out to me anymore.

I feel like a raid at the local used bookstore is in order. I'm wanting some Jamie Oliver and something homey.

This morning while getting my grocery list I dug through my "recipes to try" and "food" folders.


Feeling more inspired this is what I came up with, maybe something will inspire you too!

linking up with Menu Plan Monday @ I'm an Organizing Junkie.

menubutton
==================================================================

Menu Plan Week #5:

Monday: Stromboli
sides: simple salad
new recipe

Tuesday: Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders flip ahead to #9 - the recipe it takes you to is not the one that is originally pictured, but it's easy enough to figure out. In fact, check out the rest of the burgers...yum!
sides: bacon wrapped tater tots (might as well go all the way!), carrot slices
new recipes

Wednesday: Strawberry Chicken Salad
new recipe

Thursday: Sirloin Steak
Sides: simple salad, veggie
The Hubs idea

Friday: Chicken Potpie
new recipe

Saturday: anything goes - left overs
===============================================================

I like themes. I like having a routine.

I'm liking that I'm clearing out my favorite folders.

I think I'll dedicate October to recipes I've come across while browsing the 'net. That'll give me a month to acquire some new books. And maybe you'll come across something new too!

relax,
paulina

p.s. of course I've gotta throw in some of The Hubs ideas - the guys got some good ideas.
sometimes.

No comments: