Thursday, August 18, 2011

21 Days: faint-hearted pattern mixing

Day 3 of the 21 Day Challenge is all about mixing it up. Patterns that is.

I'm not a big pattern girl and if I do happen to wear something pattern(y) the rest of my outfit is muted.

Tuesday night saw me trying on and throwing clothes in a mad fit. Nothing had that perfect combination of haphazard yet still put-together. My second-glass-of-wine state had me thinking that a black & white snakeskin skirt looked good with a black stripe button-down, add in some black wedges and I was good to go.

Wednesday morning my second-cup-of-coffee state looked at it hanging in my closet and lost nerve. In my closet I think it looks good, the button-down is fitted with french cuffs, slightly see-through. The skirt is silky, to my knees and form-fitting. No way am I brave enough to wear this during daylight hours. Maybe next date night?

So my faint heart plucked this out of the mayhem and said "There. That'll do."

Stripes with a patterned hoodie

Muted the rest with a peach skirt and brown heels.
Close up of the oh-so-brave-mixing


Being the Francophile that I am, this hoodie caught my eye and being very cheap I grabbed it. But now that I'm actually wearing it?? I feel a bit juvenile. No one gave me funny looks but I felt like I stood out like the proverbial sore thumb.

Cupcake has had her eye on it. Now she can have her arms in it. 

(trying to be clever...don't think it worked)

Now on to how other brave souls fared with this days challenge....

and maybe work up a little more courage myself

relax,
paulina



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Paulina,

Love that you're stepping out in patterns. I'm a neutrals person myself. No guts when it comes to mixing things up. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Following now.

April

silvergirl said...

i just love a hoodie paired with a skirt
brett