Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Menu plan and a new website

You don't have to be a mom to go to this new website I found on Sunday, it's helpful for all women or even the cook in your family.

momswhothink.com

Under the Food and Recipes tab there are all kinds of categories: 30 minute dinners, casserole recipes, chicken dinners, Sunday dinners even breakfast is covered. I happened to click on the 8 week menu plan. They have a dinner planned out every night for 8 weeks! With photos and recipes! There is even a healthier option category for the 8 weeks.

You can't go wrong with this website! You are bound to find something new or just get a kick start in the same 'ol, same 'ol. I know I did. I was on a tight budget for grocery shopping for these next two weeks and I was able to come up with 9 dinners at/or below $10 a piece using momswhothink  as a reference guide. Some items I already had on hand so that helped too. This menu plan is not including Christmas as I'm going to my mom's that day.

But, without further ado here is my menu plan for the next two weeks!!

MENU PLAN
===================================================
Tuesday: Baked Pesto Chicken
sides: angel hair pasta, (instead of french bread I'll throw together a salad)
$6.93

Wednesday: Homemade Mac & Cheese
sides: mixed vegetables
$3.20

Thursday: Bacon and Cheese Quiche
(using sausage instead of bacon as kids like that better and 18 pack of eggs will be put towards baked treats also)
sides: home fries
$9.03

Friday: Chili Coke Roast
sides: mash, green beans
$10.58

Saturday: Honey Pecan Pork Chops
sides: corn, salad
$8.13

Sunday: Easy Chicken Stroganoff
sides: mixed veggies
$4.90

Monday: Bubble Pizza
$8.20

Tuesday: Merry Christmas!!

Wednesday: Tacos
side: salad
$8.10

Thursday: Breaded Baked Pork Chops
sides: stuffing, corn
$9.43


Make sure and check this site out! There are other helpful tips and ideas to find. This is now in my bookmarks!!

linking up with: Menu Plan Monday on orgjunkie.com




relax,
paulina

Holiday song of the day:

Shake up Christmas by Train


No comments: