Friday, January 21, 2011

Movie Monday: Sometimes love can be crazylike!!

"He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not."

Another Audrey Tatou movie, she stars as Angelique an art student in love with a cardiologist. Remember "He Said, She Said" (with Kevin Bacon and Elizabeth Perkins) and how it was from two different perspectives? This movie has that same theme-it changes perspective halfway through. But, really I can't say much more than that as I don't want to give anything away. This movie does leave an impression (at least for a day) as one mulls it over. I saw a different side of Audrey than from her vapid, scheming character in "Priceless" and I liked it! She is a pretty good actress and I was impressed. I saw that "A Very Long Engagement" has come up on Netflix. It's a movie about a woman (played by Audrey) whose fiancĂ© disappeared during WWI. It came out in 2004 and has been hailed as a masterpiece. I look forward to watching it. Possibly this week?  -- (as I was watching the trailer for "He Loves Me..." I saw that it was a Samuel Goldwyn film! Princess Bride fans take note. hmmm..maybe that's also why I liked it ;) )




Truth: I like cartoons. I like adventure/hero/magical type of cartoons, like Spider-man, The X-men, Hellboy, Adventure Time, Jackie Chan Adventures, etc... One year for The Hubs birthday we went and saw "Yu-Gi-Oh, The Movie". The Hubs likes 'toons too and that was one of his favorites.  I still quote my fave line from it..."Nobody but nobody calls me a nobody, you bunch of nobodies!" (said by Joey) My kids like that I like cartoons, sometimes on Saturdays we'll curl up and watch all morning. Before you say anything, yes I do watch Adult Swim too! One of my faves was "The Mighty Boosh". It's not a cartoon but it has a swami with a talking baboon, a man who talks to animals who wants to be a singer, a man who cleans up after the animals who wants to a writer/poet/jazz musician (they work at a zoo - at least in the beginning) Sounds silly? It is! And hilarious.


So..why bring up cartoons? Okay, I'm getting to that. I happened to watch an episode of Spider-man called "Head Over Heals". It's about a girl who is obsessed with Spider-man and thinks they are soulmates. I happened to watch this one about two days after the movie. I was like "Woah, that's a trip, but now I have a theme for Movie Monday! Thanks Universe!" And, no, I didn't go through the list and pick that one; we had been watching them in order.

Love can be extremely crazylike. Have you ever felt that you and someone else were meant to be together, if only they would realize it too? It can be innocent like falling in love with one of your best friends (a la Peter Parker) or not so innocent like falling for a married man (a la Angelique). I have. I've always known that Dan Ackroyd and I were meant to be together!*


Speaking of cartoons I also watched "Hellboy Animated: Sword of Storms" which takes place in Japan. And speaking of Japan....

relax,
paulina 

*haha j/k...its really Harrison Ford...

No comments: