Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tunes on Tuesday: Polka dot day and songs that break my heart

just a little.

a quick aside: today was polka dot day over at Everybody Everywhere. I hope you all remembered to rock 'em! Here's my proof:




That was fun to do and I remembered to take pictures! It might be hard to see but it's a sheer black shirt with white polka dots. I paired it with a red beret for the heck of it and I think the outfit just called for it. I ended up really liking this, it's kinda dark but girly.

anyway...so I heard this song the other day and it put a little twinge in my heart. I don't know...the piano, his mournful sounding voice and the lyrics...just touched me. I feel like this sometimes...I "thought of all the stupid things I said" and "I never meant to cause you trouble" so now I sit back and do nothing with my ego in the way....

coldplay


I remember when I was about 18 a bit younger my boyfriend (at the time) and I used to just sit in his living room and listen to this CD. This song always got to me....and still does! The buildup, the power and my gosh, the lyrics! At about 3 minutes and 10 seconds in is where I get the chills - every time! And now that I'm a mother...well..just listen. I can only listen to this one twice..that's my limit..otherwise I might be in a quivering heap under the table.

live


The Hubs and I "discovered" Sea Wolf when they opened for Phoenix last
year. We saw them in Reno and the next night in Las Vegas. We fell in lurve! I like the cello, the lyrics and his sad sounding voice. They didn't play this particular song, I discovered it later but I like it because I feel like this sometimes when I get back from a trip. Life ticked on and did anybody even know you were gone? Maybe I'll just stay away next time....
p.s. I met the cello player and Alex Brown Church (the singer) on stage after the concert in LV. During the last song of Phoenix the crowd started to rush the stage and The Hubs gave me a boost! So that's how I ended up getting to meet them and get pics!*

sea wolf





And this song...well...if you don't well up just a li'l then you must not have a heart ...just don't like this band ;)

death cab for cutie


relax,
paulina

*I know, I know, I totally rocked the cub scout! I never wore my scarf like that again! Promise!!

4 comments:

Kayla said...

Love all the music.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl
Fanciful Brainstorm - Tumblr

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

You ROCK those dots Girl! :) I was wearing a very similar top too! :D Greetings from a fellow polka girl from EBEW!
xxx

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

P.S: I'm giving away a $500 FOLEY + CORINNA bag for my blog's Birthday! Would love to see you joining the fun! :D

Ray said...

cute blog:)

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Love the blouse!

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home