Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Movie Monday: An Angelina kind of day

We recently had an Angelina Jolie festival.



Cupcake and I went to a friends house and watched The Tourist. Which pretty much sucked (at 20% on the rotten tomatometer - I'm going to keep an eye on it, I'll bet you it'll go up past 50). I was so excited about this movie, I even had the premiere marked on my calendar. When the time came I was busy with other plans and never made it to the theatre then time kept passing.

Boy, am I glad!  I would have been upset to pay $11 for this piece. There was no chemistry between the two actors, it seemed kind of wooden, even the most anticipated kiss of the year was blah. The action part of it was all right, the storyline stinky. Twenty minutes in (or so) my friend said "What if blah, blah, blah?" and we were like "Hmmmm.." Then later on I said "What if blah, blah, blah because of blah, blah, blah?" It turned out we were both right. This movie was just a real let down. The best part was the last three lines. It seemed kind of a tongue in cheek joke/reference to Johnny Depp being a sex symbol.

While Cupcake and I were gone The Hubs watched Kung Fu Panda with the two li'l uns. Angelina plays the Tigress, which is the connection here. I won't go into this movie as it's been a while since I seen it last and I just remember it being a funny kids movie with heart. Nothing really too bad. Although, I did like the Kung Fu Panda Holiday Special better (I even welled up a bit, ssshh).

When we got back home, the whole family settled in to watch Salt. In which Angelina plays a Evelyn Salt, a CIA agent turned rogue once she's accused of being a Russian sleeper spy.  Now here is the Action Angelina I have come to know and love! This was great from beginning to end!



OK. I should confess something. I fell asleep. With about 20 minutes left. So I didn't see the big ending The Hubs was all excited about. But...he didn't see me fall asleep, so I just told him how awesome it was. And really, the movie was awesome...what I saw of it. Action, spy-hunting and twists. My kind of movie. I will be renting this again!

Just won't fall asleep next time!

OOTD:
slacks:Ann Taylor/friends yard sale/$1
blouse: east 5th/honestly don't remember/?
sweater: route 66/kmart/4
boots: aldo/yard sale/2
Total: $7 (ish)


 A button-up and sweater, typical mommy uniform. Pretty boring. Should've dug out my mom jeans.


Tried to strike some mom poses. Here's my "shame on you".


And my "what do you think you're doing??"

relax,
paulina

p.s. I fell down after taking those pictures. My boot got caught in my pant leg. I totally scrapped up my leg. It's been quite a while since I've worn a band-aid on my knee!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Oh my on the fall! Hope the knee is mending. I caught my silly gypsy skirt on my boots today and almost bought the sidewalk. Of course, first thing I did was look around to see if anyone saw me stumble! LOL I like the white, hope they come clean!